THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE E-learning PLATFORM
As well as in the cases of the attended education and on the distance education that require of a person responsible for the administration of the courses such as : to assign classrooms, enroll students, take care of the students grades, also in the education due to the E-learning model is necessary to assign personnel to take charge of the administration of the education process.
Even when these can vary according to the characteristics of the organization and its specific needs (frequency and amount of courses and accesses) for each institution that uses the platform Innova 5 for the E-learning, as if they vary specially when using academic programs (bachelor degree, mayors, postgraduate studies, diploma courses, or some special studies) or about isolated courses, in a general form we can classify them in six groups:
MANAGEMENT AND ASSIGNMENT
- Of the subjects and courses that are going to be taught during certain period of time, determined by plans and by the authorities of the institution answering to the registration, the marketing expectations and according to the planned objectives in the institutional mission.
- Of the teachers responsible of the follow up and support to the enrolled students through tutoring and counseling activities, by setting up and communicating the calendars and schedules of the synchronized sessions and supervising them.
- Of the subjects that are going to be taken by the students (enrollments) according to their plan of studies and to the fulfillment of the academia requirements ( preparation and assigned courses if there are some) and administrative (documents and on time payments)
PROGRAMMING OF ACTIVITIES
- Calendar (In coordination with the people responsible for it) and the announcement of the academia events such as forums and lectures.
- The announcement of messages (previously authorized) to the virtual learning community such as: a message from the main director, to congratulate someone, etc.
- The announcement and registration of enrollment to activities promoted by the Institution, such as concerts, artistic samples or any other cultural event within the university.
FOLLOW UP OF THE PROGRAMMS
- To supervise the established programs for the courses, such as the beginning and ending of them, dates for eventual evaluations among others.
COMMUNICATION WITH THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE AND THE OFFICE OF THE TREASURY.
- To report incidents, grades, and the up dating of the files (just in case that the people responsible for them belong to different departments).
- To receive information from the authorized students when they enroll in the courses if their documents are up dated as well as their tuition / or enrollment payments. (modules like the collection of debts can be linked directly to the platform, to receive information of the different kinds of payments such as; deposits in specific banks and automatic charges to credit cards, debt cards or prepaid cards).
- Assistance and follow up to questions related to the operation of the system.
- Assistance and follow up to questions about enrollments, discharging of students and teacher and students status.
- Support and supervision to correct the failures in the operation of the platform and in the contents (courses).
- Statistic control: Access, consulting, comparisons, etc.
- Follow up to complaints and suggestions.
Pro file of the administrator
It is convenient that the person responsible for the administration of the E-learning system, has a major in education or in business administration, it is necessary for that person to be competent in handing the informatics systems (as a user), assistance and service to the client, knowledge in didactics and pedagogy and be able to communicate orally and writing. Of course this person needs to be organized, and very professional.